Finding opportunities in today’s tax laws.
Mazars in the US's State and Local Tax Practice helps find opportunities in today’s complicated tax codes and provide confidence for tomorrow’s expectations.
Our team provides clients with helpful advice after assessing your organization’s multi-state tax standing to determine your tax issues.
Our experts evaluate such issues related to tax challenges and can correspond with taxing authorities to reduce the number of tax years for which an assessment is made (the "look back period"), abate the potential penalties and/or obtain a refund of tax erroneously paid.
- Tax planning
- Business organization/restructuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Nexus studies
- Voluntary disclosure
- Nonresident taxation
- Rulings and advisory opinions
- Tax controversy
- State transfer pricing
- Income/franchise tax reduction studies
Sales tax services
- Sales/use tax process review
- Product and services taxability analysis
- Wayfair economic nexus studies
- Implementation of sales/use tax system
- State and local tax compliance
- RAR reporting
- Unclaimed property consulting
- Multistate credits and tax incentives