10 fraud prevention and compliance tools to strengthen healthcare organizations.
Healthcare organizations in the United States provide high-quality medical care to millions of patients – all while handling increasing amounts of sensitive information, from patients’ medical histories to financial data.
Protecting this information is critical to maintaining patients’ trust and preventing data breaches that can result in significant financial and legal consequences.
Here are 10 fraud-prevention and compliance tools to protect healthcare records and data:
- Encryption: Encrypting sensitive information can protect it from unauthorized access.
- Access controls: Limit access to sensitive information to only those who need it. Use strong passwords, multifactor authentication, and regularly review and update access controls.
- Regular backups: They can protect against data loss in the event of a cyberattack or other disaster.
- Regular software updates: They can protect against known vulnerabilities.
- Physical security: Measures such as security cameras, locks and access controls can prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information.
- Network security: Secure networks can prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information. Use firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Employee training: Provide employees with regular training on privacy, security and cybersecurity best practices, including how to identify and report phishing attempts.
- Incident response plan: Develop and regularly test an incident response plan that outlines procedures for responding to data breaches and other security incidents.
- Third-party security: Assess the security of third-party vendors and partners who may have access to sensitive information.
- Regular fraud, compliance and risk audits: Regularly audit systems, networks, and data access to identify and address security risks.
How can we help
Mazars offers a comprehensive range of consulting services to help healthcare organizations improve the quality of care and maintain patient trust. Our fraud prevention and cyber readiness tools are designed to help identify and prevent fraud, improve security and prepare organizations for potential cyber threats.
Our team of experienced consultants has a deep understanding of the complexities and challenges faced by healthcare organizations and is dedicated to providing customized solutions that meet their specific needs. Our healthcare-tailored solutions help organizations stay up-to-date about the latest regulations and standards, reducing the risk of fines and maintaining patient trust.
Whether it's ensuring compliance with regulations, ensuring HIPAA privacy and security, minimizing fraud and cyber risks, improving operational efficiency or enhancing patient experience, we have the expertise and experience to help healthcare organizations achieve their goals.
We use advanced analytics and technology to detect and prevent fraudulent activity before it occurs. We provide training and education to help organizations understand the latest fraud trends. And we offer a comprehensive assessment of an organization's cyber posture, identifying potential vulnerabilities and recommending practical solutions to improve security.
Additionally, we offer operational effectiveness services that help organizations improve processes, reduce costs and increase patient satisfaction.
At Mazars, we understand the importance of delivering high-quality healthcare services, and we are committed to helping healthcare organizations improve their quality of care and maintain patient trust.
At Mazars, we know healthcare. Contact our Mazars crisis and disputes team today.
Michael Kupka, Director
Diana Ramirez, Manager