Mergers & acquisitions playbook development: national home health care provider
Client had recently acquired three companies and needed an integration leader and a playbook to guide current and future integration efforts.
Existing challenges included:
- Limited direction and engagement from functional teams on merger and acquisition projects
- No formal M&A project plan or cross-functional leadership to support three concurrent acquisitions in different geographies
- Very aggressive timeline with limited engagement and communication beyond corporate development team
How Mazars helped:
We provided skilled M&A professionals who were experienced in planning and management, merger integration, and playbook development.
- Provided robust assessment based on Merger Integration and Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices
- Interviewed functional leaders and teams to identify key integration activities and opportunities to increase integration engagement and efficiency
- Developed a scalable, cloud-based document repository for all acquisition artifacts
- Created an integration playbook and scorecard supporting fifteen core integration functions
- Successfully delivered an M&A playbook and cloud-based document management system based on people, process, and technology success factors
- Developed an M&A scorecard that:
- Increased engagement, efficiency and communications in current and future integrations
- Delivered improved success and value to future acquisition integrations
Work with us
The information provided here is for general guidance only, and does not constitute the provision of tax advice, accounting services, investment advice, legal advice, or professional consulting of any kind. The information provided herein should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional tax, accounting, legal or other competent advisers.