Mergers & acquisitions playbook development: national home health care provider
Client had recently acquired three companies and needed an integration leader and a playbook to guide current and future integration efforts.
Existing challenges included:
- Limited direction and engagement from functional teams on merger and acquisition projects
- No formal M&A project plan or cross-functional leadership to support three concurrent acquisitions in different geographies
- Very aggressive timeline with limited engagement and communication beyond corporate development team
How Mazars helped:
We provided skilled M&A professionals who were experienced in planning and management, merger integration, and playbook development.
- Provided robust assessment based on Merger Integration and Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices
- Interviewed functional leaders and teams to identify key integration activities and opportunities to increase integration engagement and efficiency
- Developed a scalable, cloud-based document repository for all acquisition artifacts
- Created an integration playbook and scorecard supporting fifteen core integration functions
- Successfully delivered an M&A playbook and cloud-based document management system based on people, process, and technology success factors
- Developed an M&A scorecard that:
- Increased engagement, efficiency and communications in current and future integrations
- Delivered improved success and value to future acquisition integrations