Mergers & acquisitions planning and management: multinational specialty pharmaceuticals provider
Client needed M&A strategy, integration leadership, and a plan to drive technical enablement of the new acquisition.
Existing challenges included:
- No comprehensive Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) program with clear ownership, accountability, and defined roles and responsibilities
- No identification of strategy, risks or determination of what processes and systems are most critical to the business during M&A
- Plans were not standardized or executable and did not represent the entire Business.
- Lack of ability to identify, mitigate and respond to business disruptions
How Mazars helped:
We assembled a team of skilled M&A professionals who were experienced in planning and management, IT process integration, and transition services.
- Supported diligence efforts to identify IT issues that impacted quality of potential investment
- Conducted source-to-target system mapping and requirements
- Reviewed asset purchase (APA) and transfer services (TSA) agreements
- Worked with other functional team leads to develop cross-functional integration plans
- Helped the business establish templates to better communicate requirements to sellers
- Developed a comprehensive IT M&A Playbook that established a standard and scalable approach, along with supporting tools and templates to support future M&A activity
- Successfully integrated all IT people, process, and technology resources successfully
- Enabled a much closer and collaborative working relationship with IT and business than previously established
- Establish IT as a value-add strategic partner for integration planning
- Better enabled IT to rapidly respond to requests for future M&A transaction support in a consistent way with proven tools and templates.
Work with us
The information provided here is for general guidance only, and does not constitute the provision of tax advice, accounting services, investment advice, legal advice, or professional consulting of any kind. The information provided herein should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional tax, accounting, legal or other competent advisers.