September 8, 2020
Client was experiencing integration challenges and wanted to evaluate their M&A PMO processes.
Existing challenges included:
- Limited engagement from IT and other functional teams on merger and acquisition projects
- No formal M&A plans place to own the requirements gathering, design, development, and implementation of network and telecommunications, virtual and physical infrastructure, core infrastructure services, security and support services, or messaging and collaboration
- Very aggressive timeline with limited engagement and communication beyond corporate development team
How Mazars helped:
We assembled a team of skilled M&A and business process improvement professionals experienced in assessing PMOs.
- Provided robust assessment based on Merger Integration and Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices
- Interviewed internal and external stakeholders and vendors to identify process gaps and opportunities to increase integration engagement and efficiency
- Shared leverageable tools, templates and processes to develop a strategic approach to merger integration activity
- Successfully delivered M&A assessment and framework based on people, process, and technology success factors
- Implemented an IT PMO strategic engagement model that:
- Increased engagement, efficiency and communications in current and future integrations
- Delivered improved success and value to future acquisition integrations