Our client was an international biopharmaceutical company seeking to improve the performance and stability of voice communications, provide better integration into collaboration tools such as Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams, and select an agile, low-cost service solution that can scale easily as the business grows.
Our client was an international biopharmaceutical company seeking to improve the performance and stability of voice communications, provide better integration into collaboration tools such as Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams, and select an agile, low-cost service solution that can scale easily as the business grows. To accomplish these objectives the Mazars team collected and analyzed requirements for a new telecommunication solution, evaluated qualified communication service providers and solutions, and selected a solution based on capabilities and cost. To ensure these goals were achieved, our client sought a trusted partner with the technical knowledge and expertise in leading technology selection and evaluations initiatives.
To address the challenge, Mazars used its technology selection and evaluation methodology to ensure this client selected a new telecommunication solution that met business needs and aligned with its long-term IT strategy. Project components:
- Identified telecommunication requirements to support current and future business needs
- Analyzed requirements to determine appropriate solutions and service models including considerations for sizing, scalability, capabilities, cost effectiveness, and line of necessary business system integrations such as Microsoft Teams
- Developed Request for Proposal (RFP) and Vendor List
- Managed and coordinated the vendor selection process
- Evaluated and selected technology solutions and services to replace the current telecommunications provider
- Developed a high-level solution strategy and roadmap to identify the activities required to implement the solution
This initiative provided the client with a path to implementing a new solution that afforded the business a user-friendly and scalable telecommunications platform that can grow to meet company needs. The client was able to realize the following benefits:
- Selected a unique telephony solution that integrates with Microsoft Teams and many other applications
- Modernized solution through the integration with Microsoft Teams which provides users a modern telecommunications platform that allows them to receive/make calls on their desk phone, computer app using Microsoft Teams, and mobile app using Microsoft Teams
- Enhanced and simplified end user telephony experience for staff
- Improved reliability and capabilities of the telephony and collaboration systems
- Realized saving through the new vendor selection of nearly $500,000 over 3-years