Mergers & acquisitions IT process integration: international biopharmaceuticals provider
A heavily regulated biopharmaceutical client required an integration of disparate global governance systems.
Existing challenges included:
- Need to integration two disparate global governance systems post-acquisition
- Need to work through governance effectively and efficiently, on a consistent basis
- Follow IT best practices across the entire organization
- Ensure compliance in a heavily regulated industry
- Maximize collaboration and innovation to better serve the needs of the business
How Mazars helped:
We assembled a team of skilled M&A professionals who were experienced in Compliance and IT process integration, who leveraged our deep process library to develop an integration plan and portal.
- Determination of the “to-be” list of IT processes and benchmarking framework
- Identification of the new process owners for all key IT processes and activities
- Development and documentation of project plan, processes, standards and procedures
- Creation of an executive level process impact and maturity dashboard for monitoring processes and continuous improvement
- Development and implementation of a new portal for delivery of process and procedure information to IT and customers of IT
- Played a key role in helping our client integrate and harmonize the IT processes and delivery mechanisms and established a foundation that supported one way for IT to work across the globe that was:
- Based on best practices
- Leaner and simpler
- Focused on delivering more to IT’s customers in less time, while maintaining quality and ensuring compliance
The information provided here is for general guidance only, and does not constitute the provision of tax advice, accounting services, investment advice, legal advice, or professional consulting of any kind. The information provided herein should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional tax, accounting, legal or other competent advisers.