Prior to the EMR implementation, most sites utilized paper medical records and a mixture of disparate registration and scheduling applications; a few were also using standalone EMR systems. Each physician site had different workflows, policies, and staff roles and responsibilities. In order to provide continuity of care in a more cost-effective manner, enhance reporting capabilities and enable enterprise-wide access to patients’ records, the physician group sought to implement a single, integrated EMR.
Mazars, working with management and the physician leaders, developed a plan to successfully implement the selected integrated EMR system at all physician sites. The team:
- Identified the unique functional requirements needed at each site, as well as current and future state workflows
- Established appropriate project management governance and processes to ensure implementation issues were addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Provided coordination and oversight of critical tasks to ensure project milestones were met
- Standardized operational procedures and increased coordination of care across all sites
- Optimized system functionality and patient throughput to support the unique needs of each site
- Enhanced staff productivity and operational cost-effectiveness
- Improved reporting tools and ability to gather data for Meaningful Use, Patient Centered Medical Home, and other accreditation and regulatory needs
- Reduced EMR ongoing support costs and requirements
Work with us
The information provided here is for general guidance only, and does not constitute the provision of tax advice, accounting services, investment advice, legal advice, or professional consulting of any kind. The information provided herein should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional tax, accounting, legal or other competent advisers.