Due to business complexities, lack of clear financial provisions and errors in interpretation of accounting principles, buyers and sellers can find themselves in a post-acquisition dispute. These can involve warranties, earn out provisions, unforeseen obligations or exposures that may not have been contemplated by the parties, and/or flawed pre-transaction due diligence processes. When these issues arise, it is critical to gather all the facts, understand all key financial implications and determine feasible and practical solutions that allow parties to move forward.
We serve as accountants and industry experts, consultants, and arbitrators. We examine whether proper accounting principles, policies, practices and procedures were applied during the business transition. With significant experience in transaction services and dispute resolutions, we help clients successfully navigate accounting and contractual issues after acquisitions. Our approach supports smooth business transitions by placing strong emphasis on practical solutions to minimize disruption. We understand our clients’ strategic objectives and align them with industry standard best practice to achieve success.
- Preparation and/or review of closing statements
- Examination of breaches of representations and warranties
- Investigation of pre-acquisition fraud or inadequate due diligence
- Post-closing purchase price adjustments
- Calculation and adjustments for:
- Working capital
- Allowance for doubtful accounts receivable and/or bad debt reserves
- Excess and obsolete inventory
- Unrecorded liabilities and exposures
- Assistance with dispute notices
- Determination of potential economic damages
At Mazars, we pride ourselves on building strong relationships and becoming your trusted advisor by delivering both expertise and results.