Tough anti-corruption legislation with extra-territorial reaches such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act requires companies to implement effective anti-corruption programs. Leaders must put in place internal control mechanisms appropriate to the size and nature of their business to address corruption risk and exposure, which, if done inappropriately, can lead to significant fines and reputational damage.
We are committed to promoting transparency, trust, and security in the business. Our Anti-Bribery and Corruption Services team helps companies to design, assess, and continuously improve their anti-corruption programs. We ensure our clients understand current and emerging regulatory and compliance challenges, allowing them to focus on meeting their financial and strategic objectives. And, when allegations of bribery and corruption practices arise, we work closely with companies' executive teams and legal counsel to investigate, address, and reduce risk exposure.
We utilize a comprehensive anti-bribery framework approved by international experts, and strict review methodologies in full compliance with domestic and international audit standards issued by the FASB, IFAC and the IAASB.
- Bribery and Corruption Risk Assessment and Industry Benchmarking
- Monitoring of Existing Anti-Bribery and Corruption Programs and Detecting Suspected Violations
- Improving Strategic Response to Suspected Violations
- Implementation of Anti-Bribery and Corruption Practices and Ongoing Improvements of Internal Controls
- Development of Anti Bribery and Ethics Program
- Assessment of Related Corporate Risks: cybersecurity, internal audit/controls, and financial reporting
At Mazars, we pride ourselves on building strong relationships and becoming your trusted advisor by delivering both expertise and results.