Join Mazars professionals as they cover the onerous prohibited transaction tax and strategies to avoid it, as well as other REIT dispositions.
- Don Zief, Senior Consultant | Mazars
- Patrick Oberlies, Senior Manager | Mazars
Learning objectives for critical REIT requirements and developments
Upon completion of this webcast, participants will be able to:
- Understand unexpected tax results from exiting from a REIT
- Understand the benefits of using equity and mortgage REITs
- Understand prohibited transaction tax and strategies to avoid
Watch the recording
About the series
The Mazars REIT webinar series, Let’s Talk REITs, will describe the advantages of using a REIT as a complement to a private real estate portfolio. The series also will cover using a REIT as a “blocker” for funds with foreign or tax-exempt investors, new developments and requirements, prohibited transactions, use of taxable REIT subsidiaries and various REIT structures.
The information provided here is for general guidance only, and does not constitute the provision of tax advice, accounting services, investment advice, legal advice, or professional consulting of any kind. The information provided herein should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional tax, accounting, legal or other competent advisers.